Mars - Astronomy cross stitch pattern
Beautiful and accurate cross stitch pattern of the planet Mars, showing mountains, valleys and ice caps. The axial tilt of the planet to the vertical is the same as the real tilt of Mars. The model shown is stitched on 16 count black fabric in a 4 inch hoop.
This pattern is one of the planets featured in the Wonders of the Solar System stitchalong. All the planets are proportionate in size to each other in terms of logarithms.
• Stitch count: 32 wide x 33 high
• Approximate size on 14 count aida: 2.3in wide x 2.4in high (5.8cm wide x 6.0cm high)
• Approximate size on 16 count aida: 2.0in wide x 2.1in high (5.1cm wide x 5.2 cm high)
• 8 colours, DMC numbers given
• Uses full cross stitches; no backstitch or fractional stitches
• Ideally stitch on black or dark fabric (image is shown on black fabric)
• Skill level: Suitable all skill levels including beginner
You will receive three PDF instant download files:
• Chart in colour symbols, with a DMC thread key and a colour picture of the finished pattern
• Chart in black and white symbols, with a DMC thread key and a colour picture of the finished pattern
• Beginner's guide to cross stitching, explaining everything you need to know to stitch the pattern
This listing is for PDFs of this pattern; it is not a completed piece nor a kit, so no fabric, thread or other materials are included. The charts are Instant Download so you can start stitching straight away!
A link to the downloads will be sent to the email address you give when you order. There will also be a link to download the files directly from the completed order page. The files are sent as PDFs in one zip file. Please unzip the file (right click > extract all) after downloading, and then you can open each PDF within the file.
You may need Adobe Reader to open the PDF files. If you don’t have it you can download it for free here: https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/
If you have any problems or need help please let me know!
Model stitched by Angie Sanders.
Patterns are for personal use only.
© Climbing Goat Designs