Desert Island Birth Announcement - customised cross stitch pattern
Custom cross stitch pattern of a name or word spelt out in large letters filled with an evocative desert island scene. This pattern gives a very unusual and striking birth sampler which also works for any older child or adult; alternatively a word such as "Welcome" could be used instead of a name. The pattern will feature the name/word and birth details of your choice (or no birth details if preferred). Example names and birth details are shown in the pattern.
This listing is for this pattern personalised with one large word or name. If you would like two or more names/words please contact me first for a quote.
Please include a note in the personalisaton box when you place your order to let me know the name (and the date of birth, time and weight if relevant) and I will start customising it for you. When it is finished I will email you the finished PDF cross stitch charts to stitch from.
Please note that these are PDF patterns sent by email. Nothing is sent by physical mail.
This listing is for a custom made chart of one word, with accompanying backstitch details, charted specially for you. The full Desert Island Alphabet is available in a separate listing.
• Stitch count of ‘ABIGAIL’ sample pattern: 213 wide x 57 high. Stitch count of ‘ETHAN’ sample pattern: 172 wide x 57 high. The stitch count of the bought pattern will depend on the name given for the design
• Size on 14 count aida of ‘ABIGAIL’ sample pattern: 15.2in wide x 4.1in high (38.6cm wide x 10.3cm high). Size on 14 count aida of ‘ETHAN’ sample pattern: 12.3in wide x 4.1in high (31.2cm wide x 10.3cm high). The size of the bought pattern will depend on the name given for the design
• 12 colours, DMC numbers given
• Uses full cross stitches and backstitch; French knots may feature in the text under the name; no fractional stitches
• Stitch on fabric of your colour choice (example images are shown on white fabric)
• Skill level: Suitable for those with some experience of cross stitch
You will receive by email three PDF files:
• Customised chart in colour symbols, with a DMC thread key and a colour picture of the finished pattern
• Customised chart in black and white symbols (with colour backstitch), with a DMC thread key and a colour picture of the finished pattern
• Beginner's guide to cross stitching, explaining everything you need to know to stitch the pattern
This listing is for the customised PDFs; it is not a printed pattern, a completed piece nor a kit, so no fabric, thread or other materials are included.
If you have any problems or need help please let me know!
Patterns are for personal use only.
© Climbing Goat Designs